Find me at my new blog!

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Gratefulness this Week


I'm thankful for my hubby, and for the time we'll get to spend together this weekend!!  (This was a date night a couple weeks ago, and that is sparkling grape juice in our glasses. :) )


Thankful for this beautiful woman and the fact that she's coming to visit this weekend!!!!  (This picture is from a "Prom Alternative" event with her church, our senior year in high school. :) )

Thankful for God's power, majesty and artistry.  (This is the sky after a storm a few days ago.)

Thankful for beauty, living things, and the kindness of an elderly flower-growing friend at church.  (These flowers have graced our house all week!)




Thankful for the Lord's providence--such good food!!  (Homemade bread and white cranberry-cheddar cheese, YUM)

(One almost-bad banana into half a dozen AMAZING banana muffins!)

Oh, the Lord is good to me
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me
The things I need
The sun and the rain and the appleseed.
The Lord is good to me!
(-the "Johnny Appleseed Song")



Linking up to black tag diaries for Thankful Thursdays

5 comments:

  1. Great list.. thanks for linking up and have a great weekend and date night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God with you for all the Blessings He gives...And thanking Him especially for the blessing that is You. I love you so very much, Jaimie Elise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm... white-cranberry cheddar cheese?!?! that sounds incredible! great list this week! hope you have a fun date night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww...thanks Mom :) I love you too!

    Julia, it's great; my parents brought several pounds of cheese from WI when they visited for my birthday (five weeks ago). I'm making it last! :) The date night was technically last week, but weekends are pretty much "dates" lately: we just do whatever we want, together. :) I'm excited that Hubby has a three-day weekend; his boss gave him tomorrow off cuz he's working extra next week! We don't have to get up early tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!