Find me at my new blog!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

A Light to My Path: Psalm 119:105-112

The entirety of today's passage is great, but tonight it's verse 105 that's really speaking to me:

"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."

I'm in the process of making a really big life decision, and although I have a lot of options I really don't know which direction to take just yet.  However, I know that God has a plan for me, like the prophet Jeremiah wrote: "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

God's word has direction for me, like this passage from Jeremiah, and the message I'm getting from this is that I'm to seek God first.  And then everything else will fall into place.  Jesus says in Matthew chapter seven, "So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we wear?'  For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  (Matthew 7:31-34)

Thank you God, for giving me your word and for showing me the way to go.

It's really all about trust and priorities.  Is God the biggest priority in my life?  Am I trusting him to take care of me?  Am I trusting my fiancee to take care of me as well?  Is he the second biggest priority in my life?

If those things are in place, everything else will fall into place after them.  When I put God first, he will take care of me, and work everything else out as well, as my favorite passage in Romans says:  "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Today, I am going to get my priorities in order, and I am going to trust in God above all things, and let his word light my path.  (Click on the link to hear a beautiful version of Amy Grant's "Thy Word".)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!