Find me at my new blog!

Saturday, November 13, 2010

His Compassion is Great: Psalm 119:153-160

There are so many beautiful words in this passage that tell all the wonderful things God is and does for us:

153a Look upon my suffering and deliver me...
154 Defend my cause and redeem me; preserve my life according to your promise.
156 Your compassion is great, O LORD; preserve my life according to your laws.
159 See how I love your precepts; preserve my life, O LORD, according to your love.
160 All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal.

God delivers us, he defends and redeems us.  Three times the psalmist says "preserve my life": according to God's promise, his laws, and his love. Promise: what God has said he will do for us.  Laws: what we do for him. Love: the reason for both things!  God loves us and so we love him!

In reading these psalms several times over, writing them out, looking at the patterns and parallels, I'm getting so much out of them!  That has been my prayer and desire as I've been doing this reading and blogging.  I wrote about that a bit in an earlier post.  God has been teaching me his word, as I asked him to!  He is faithful and he DOES answer prayer.

When I stop to think about how huge and powerful and amazing God is, it's incredibly awesome to know that he takes care of and love little (relatively) insignificant me!  His compassion is GREAT, he redeems me and takes care of me and every aspect of my life (that's what it means for him to preserve my life).  He defends me, too: when Satan accuses us of all the sins that we are guilty of (because we are guilty of them), God is our defense and states that our debt has been paid and to him, we are no longer guilty.  In a way, God is the defense lawyer and the judge, too, because he also pronounces the sentence on us: forgiven and blameless!  In reality, God defends us from our own sinful selves.  He loves us that much!!


Today, I am going to remember how much God loves me and how great his compassion is for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and opinions!